Presentations and Tours
The River Center offers custom tours to be tailored for each request from individuals, teachers, families or groups of varying sizes. The River Center provides an array of possibilities for exploring NE California and SE Oregon.
The River Center visitor center makes a great place to begin exploring the Pit River Watershed. Class visits from schools or by families cover many subjects including science, geology, biology, art, English, history, and agriculture to list a few possibilities.
Information for self guided tours is available at the River Center.
Subjects available for presentations by The River Center:
- K-12 classes for many subjects
- Water cycle and good stewardship for water use
- Conservation and restoration of natural resources
- Ecosystem Exploration
- Birding – specializing in Sandhill Crane observations, we have binoculars for check out.
- Geology – specializing in Warner Mountain formation
- Hot springs and deserts
- Agri-tourism – want to visit a working ranch or farm? Organic ranches and farms are a specialty.
- Wildflowers – the best times are May through July
- Native Plants – specializing in possible landscape uses.
- Historic Discovery – Emigrant Trails Byway and more!
- Cultural - learn about native tribes, past and present or meet ranchers living the western life, and meet real cowboys/cowgirls.
- Archeological- a rich discovery area within the Pit River Watershed.
- Festivals and Special Events – see our Calendar of Events.
- Service Tours – The River Center helps arrange volunteer service with many agencies/tasks.
- Special Interest sites – Medicine Lake, Sugar Hill, Patterson Lake, Mt Shasta, Lava Beds, Devils Garden, Crater Lake, etc.
- Custom Interpretation – you name the subject, we'll provide the research, expert, or references.
Potential means of transportation
Driving via carpool, driving via rented car, school bus or van for classes K-8, walking, hiking, backpacking, horseback, canoe, kayaking or your ORV?
Please call for us to arrange your transportation needs.
Geographical area served
NE California and SE Oregon – specializing in the Pit River Watershed; Modoc County and Siskiyou County in California; Lake County and Klamath County in Oregon.
A wide variety of meal and lodging accommodations possible--tell us your needs.